Some unusual Ingredients:
- 1 packet of tomatoes (outside Greece, cherry tomatoes are the way to go)
- Half a cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 fillet of freshly caught grilled snapper (again I cheated, bought from local chippy)
- 1 avocado
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Half a pack of Bulgarian Sheep Feta (Bulgarian is just as good as Greek feta)
- Iliada Greek olive oil
- Cracked pepper & himalayan salt
- Modena Balscamic vinegar
Being Greek this salad may come as a surprise. I love the traditional Greek salad but I also love avocado and grilled snapper. In summer, I have a tendency to turn everything into a salad so here it is:)
The sizes specified above are for one [hungry] person’s dinner or a light lunch for two.
- Homemade guacamole (see below)
- Fresh rocket leaves
- 1 fillet of grilled snapper (cheated, bought from local chippy)
- 1 rice wrap (sadly only 70% rice flower, rest is wheat)
- 1 avocado
- 3 cloves of smokey garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- cracked black pepper
- himalayan salt
This is a quick lunch for when you’re starving and you happen to have an amazing Fish & Chip shop up the road who can grill the fish while you’re checking email:)
Once home all you have to do is prepare the guacamole. I like using smokey garlic because it gives it more flavour and bite. I’m lucky to be able to purchase this garlic from the local Saturday farmer’s market. The fish is also locally sourced and fresh, an advantage of living by the sea.
This is more of a special treat as I’m mostly vegetarian.
For those calorie-conscious, this rice wrap which is an Australian brand is only 68 calories and tastes really good.