Homemade hummus/avocado dip:
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pack of fresh/sprouted chickpeas*
- salt & pepper
- drizzle of organic extra virgin olive oil (preferably Greek)
- a bit of water (ideally from an alcaline jug such as BioCERA)
Put everything in a blender. I finally decided to go for the real deal: Vitamix.
*Use 1 tin of chickpeas for a more familiar hummus taste. The rawness of the chickpeas is only recommended for true raw energy lovers.
I have tried many gluten free wraps and they’re all tasteless except this one. If you live in the UK and you can find this brand I highly recommend it. It was Waitrose and not Wholefoods where I purchased it. Double-checked this morning when I went to buy some more and had to visit both shops:)
Spread dip generously, fill with fresh organic rocket. Drizzle of olive oil, wrap and cut to pieces.
Today I ran out of rocket so added some thinly sliced cucumber and cut it like a sandwich:)
A few tips on eating especially if you suffer from indigestion:
- Do a food intolerance test. Most common allergies are wheat and dairy.
- Chew well – I eat way too fast and end up feeling bloated.
- Keep your mouth closed:)
- Don’t drink while you’re eating; ideally an hour before or after.