I love banana bread but I’ve rarely found in cafés GF options and ones that didn’t taste too sweet. Until, I found a recipe online by baker Olivia Crouppen on Bigger Bolder Baking website.
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy. Tastes unbelievable👌
GF Banana cake
Moist, sweet, and topped with a whole banana (also, studded with toasty walnuts) — my delicious and nutritious Gluten-Free Banana Bread is a low carb, zero sugar powerhouse of flavor.
Calories: 139 kcal
Author: Olivia Crouppen
- 3 ripe bananas 2 mashed, 1 sliced in half length wise
- 3/4 cup (3oz/85g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (¾ oz/21g) coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (2 ½ oz/71g) sugar free maple syrup, maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup (1 ½oz/43g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F (180°C), then line a 9×5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine the mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until a batter is formed. Lastly, fold in the chopped walnuts — reserving some to sprinkle over the top of the bread.
- Transfer the batter to your lined baking tin. Lay the two halves of the whole sliced banana on the top and sprinkle over the reserved walnuts.
- Bake the banana bread for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- When the bread is done remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin. Slice and serve warm or room temperature.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days